Counseling is offered for individuals and couples that focuses on the unique concerns specific to this phase in your life. Did you know that the stresses of parenting affect women and men in different ways? Change is happening all the time, and something that worked with your child yesterday may not work today. When parents are feeling successful calming a fussy baby or child, this generally has a positive effect on their self-esteem. If the situation is more challenging parents may be more irritable with each other, riding a self-esteem roller coaster.
Jump Starts educates parents on the effective use of parenting tools, and offers coaching in sessions to help you get it right with your child. Many techniques are from “The Happiest Baby and Toddler on the Block,” which were developed by Dr. Harvey Karp.
- Considering Pregnancy
- We’re Pregnant
- We’re Home: The Early Days of Parenthood
- Baby Blues
- Postpartum Depression
- Prenatal & Postpartum Anxiety
- Three Month Adjustment: Ending of Parental Leave
- Caring for Your Toddler & Behavioral Issues
- Are We Ready to “Go it Again”
- A Busy Household – Juggling It All
- Concerns About Preschoolers